Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: August 4, 2019
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Responsible for the operation and maintenance of
all facility systems and equipment to ensure that the facility is
able to support all facets of production and production-related
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Fabricate machinery support equipment as needed in support of
manufacturing process needs, including welded racking, support
bracing and material handling items.
* Maintain, troubleshoot and repair facility systems to include:
electrical, HVAC, lighting, plumbing, compressed air, nitrogen,
process vacuum and refrigeration. Install electrical conduit and
conductors, metal and plastic piping and general hardware. Utilize
standard work and other continuous improvement tools to ensure
seamless continuation of efficient and effective manufacturing
* Lead, perform and document preventive maintenance on all facility
systems and equipment in order to proactively identify risks
related to our ability to effectively deliver on customer
requirements and to ensure optimal performance of applicable
systems and equipment.
* In partnership with the equipment support team, ensure effective
installation, removal and reconfiguration of facility resources for
production equipment in order to meet manufacturing, industry and
* Provide direction, assistance and support to outside contractors
conducting facility and equipment repairs, working to build
effective working relationships and ensure efficient completion of
* Maintain adequate levels of departmental stock and tool
* Support maintenance and repair of facility telecommunication and
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED is required; a High School
Diploma is preferred.
* Less than One (1) year of related experience is required; One (1)
or more years of related experience is preferred. Depending on site
requirements and business needs, a minimum of 6 months industry
experience may be required.
* Proved hands-on experience in trades such as plumbing, HVAC,
electrical, carpentry, painting, and mechanical systems.
* Employee should be able to read and follow electrical wiring
* A strong mechanical aptitude is required and a working knowledge
of single phase and three phase 120v, 208v, 277v, and 480v
electrical systems is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Trouble shooting skills and ability to test facility/building
* Ability to use tools and equipment for facility repairs and
installations and measurements.
* The employee must work safely at all times and maintain the
confidentiality of all department, company, and customer
* Meters and gages for testing voltage, current, resistance,
pressure, vacuum, temperature, and humidity.
* Soldering, welding (MIG), and brazing equipment.
* Hydraulic and mechanical lift equipment.
* Ability to use ladders.
* Ability to lift, carry/move up to 50 lbs.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Facilities Technician, Professions , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!