Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: June 5, 2019
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Material Handlers are responsible for performing
site warehousing functions that support the overall manufacturing
operations and other customer-related activities. The activities
may include but are not limited to receiving, kitting, cycle
counting, shipping, etc.
D shift: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and every other Saturday from
6 pm to 6 am
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Adapts to changes (work plan, priority and management decision)
in the work environment.
* Supports improvement initiatives and participates actively to
improve work environment (example 5S).
* Looks for opportunities to improve work productivity and
* Able to work cooperatively in a team and cross functional team(s)
* Able to maintain a level temperament in a stressful
* Openly and proactively shares information, knowledge and
experience with co-workers.
* Willing to take on additional assignments.
* Competent in required job knowledge and skills to perform
* Able to apply new work requirements with minimal supervision.
* Is up-to-date on all certifications and training requirements for
* Consistently completes assignments or work requirements on time
without compromising on quality.
* Uses time effectively to manage workload/tasks.
* Individual throughput goals are met.
* Understands and follows Plexus quality policy guidelines,
customer specifications and adheres to regulatory compliance.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality standard is met.
* Looks for opportunities to improve quality and eliminate waste at
* Delivers work in way that eliminates scrap or rework.
* Keeps supervisors informed and escalates issues when needed.
* Become trained to the area s core standards and functional
specific operations before working without direct or supervisory
* Stay current on processes, procedures, standards, policies and
training for assigned job and operational area.
* Operational job functions area descriptions can be found on the
Site Training Matrix.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
(less than 1% of the time).
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a High School diploma or is required.
* Less than One (1) year of related experience is required; One (1)
or more years of related experience is preferred.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* MUST BE CURRENTLY WORKING FOR A STAFFING AGENCY AT PLEXUS FOR A
MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS AS A MATERIAL HANDLER AND IN GOOD STANDING ON
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Basic computer skills required
* Strong attention to detail
* Self motivated
* Ability to interpret, receive direction and apply both written
and oral communication
* Flexible to quickly adapt to learning new tasks, moving to new
areas to meet changing customer demands
* Flexible and able to work overtime, nights, various shifts and
weekends as required
* Flexible to work in multiple areas as required
* Demonstrated competencies in: teamwork, professional demeanor,
quality, job knowledge, communication, problem solving and lean
principles, flexibility, attendance and timeliness
* General office equipment and materials
* Material Handling Equipment including but not limited to
forklifts, pallet jacks, bar code scanners, etc.
* Able to alternate or be able to sit, stand and walk for long
periods of time
* Able to lift, reach, push, pull up to 45 pounds as required
* Able and willing to wear appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment as required for assigned area
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Material Handler, Professions , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!