Project Manager - General Construction
Company: Valdez International Corporation
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Hansen-Rice, Inc. - Perfecting the design-build process since
1983. HRI delivers value to clients nationwide through a vertically
integrated solution which includes facility consulting,
state-of-art design/engineering technologies and construction
services. We have a relentless commitment to deliver projects
safely, on-time, and under budget for a wide verity of clients
ranging from Owner-Operators to Fortune 100 companies. HRI Culture
- Hansen-Rice, Inc. has been voted best place to work and we are
proud of it! Every person on our team is valued and engaged. Let's
not forget to mention the fun we have throughout the year! The
Career with HRI: Senior Industrial Project Manager The
- Review estimate, budget, drawings and schedule for accuracy and
conformance to the Scope of Work, determine appropriate
- Monitor Pre-Construction Department for timely drawing
- Obtain all required building permits and licenses.
- Solicit bids, prepare documents and award subcontracts.
- Obtain all required subcontractor pre-qualification
questionnaires, insurance certificates and endorsements prior to
subcontract execution, seeking assistance from Accounting as
- Complete quantity take-offs. Order and purchase materials and
ensure timely delivery.
- Initiate, monitor and manage all project scheduling.
- Ensure the Company maintains positive client relationships,
resolving concerns while providing excellent customer service.
- Schedule work and monitor progress.
- Assist in sales functions as requested.
- Conduct job site inspections for compliance with safety and
environmental requirements, quality, budget and schedule. Take
necessary action as required for conformance.
- Assure vendors and subcontractors are paid in a timely manner
after review/approval of invoices and pay requests.
- Communicate with the project staff on a regular basis to
discuss and resolve all critical issues including project status,
work requirements and staffing needs.
- Communicate with management, sales, and client regarding job
progress, status, issues, etc.
- Responsible for weekly Client meeting, including minutes'
- Produce Cost Report twice a month; review Cost Reports
- Assist Cost Control in preparing cash flow projections.
- Maintain project record set of drawings, updating all changes,
revisions, and other modifications over the course of the
- Verify and document all changes to the record set of drawings
and keep track of same on a "redline" set of drawings.--
- Prepare, maintain and distribute the Operation and Maintenance
Manuals for completed jobs.
- Responsible for accurate, thorough and proper distribution of
paperwork, including but not limited to:
- Participate and cooperate with every department while
enthusiastically advocating teamwork and frequent
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job may require:
- Able to navigate work sites and office facilities.
- Bending/stooping, squatting, crawling, reaching above
shoulders, kneeling and twisting.
- Ascending to and descending from heights up to or over 100' by
use of permanent or temporary stairs, ladders, aerial lifts or use
of personnel hoists.
- Some lifting of various weights and sizes. May involve lifting
- Vision abilities include close and peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or
- Hearing at levels of normal speech.
- Repetitive motion (to include, but not limited to): standing,
walking or sitting for extended periods of time, working at a
computer and typing for long periods of time.
- Working extended periods of time in stressful situations.
- Willing to work in all types of weather.
- Wearing of required Personal Protective Equipment (hard hat,
safety glasses, work boots, gloves, etc.). What we'd like to see
- Three to five years of construction experience or equivalent
combination of relevant education and experience.
- Working knowledge of all HRI building systems.
- Experience supervising, motivating and managing
- Knowledge and skill in material procurement and
- Estimating experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and
- Ability to review and analyze cost reports
- Sound recordkeeping and math skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong coordination, organization, delegation, decision making
and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of codes (i.e. UBC, ADA, etc.).
- Sound knowledge of safety requirements
- Project Scheduling knowledge and skill.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to -
Navision, Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English -
able to communicate well, read and understand thoroughly.
Bi-lingual ability helpful (English/Spanish).
- Confidentiality required.
- Ability to work in stressful situations for extended periods of
time while remaining even-tempered.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to travel via air and/or ground, often on short
notice, and/or extended field assignments.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced production environment; may
include physical labor and extended work days and work weeks.
- Maintain a regular and dependable level of attendance.
- Ability to work well with co-workers, clients, subcontractors,
and vendors in a professional manner.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to accurately report on a monthly basis. What you can
expect from us:
- Supported Dynamic Teamwork--
- Work/Life balance (PTO)
- Paid trips home--
- Bonus Program
- Per Diem and Lodging--
- Competitive wages--
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance--
- Life Insurance--
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance-- Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, Nampa , Project Manager - General Construction, Professions , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!