Phlebotomist - Full time, Mixed Shift
Company: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Description:At Saint Alphonsus
Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their
calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and
challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we
pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of
care.At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people
who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate
about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential.
Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service
and the highest quality of care.Under general supervision and
according to established policies and procedures, the phlebotomist
performs the manual tasks involved with registering, ordering,
proper collection, labeling, processing, and distribution of
specimens for laboratory testing from patients of all ages. This
person is responsible for utilizing relevant computer programs and
performs data entry. This person serves as the central
communication of the laboratory for all incoming requests as well
as maintaining quality and quantity of specimens sent to reference
laboratories and the reporting of results received.Skills,
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.GOOD TO HAVE:
- Phlebotomy certification.
- Experience in phlebotomy in a hospital setting.Essential
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the
Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices,
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and
procedures and practices safe work habits, including using
- Follows Saint Alphonsus Medical Center's patient identification
policy to correctly identify patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary in phlebotomy/front
office/central processing to provide care to patients of all
- Follows laboratory procedures and established safety practices
for collection and processing of specimens for analysis and
verifying specimen requirements for each collection.
- Exhibits an understanding of all laboratory/phlebotomy policies
- Effectively coordinates the registration of patients, or if
applicable, accurately registers patients according to the
registration department protocols and standards (> 85%).
- Accurately fills out and maintains forms, requisitions, and
logs as necessary.
- Utilizes the appropriate procedure, technique and materials for
each test ordered, while using good clinical judgment in the
- Assures that specimens are properly labeled, received,
transported, accessioned, processed, and aliquoted (if
- Handles "add on" lab tests and specimens.
- Promptly delivers specimens to appropriate departments for
testing and alerts staff when there is a STAT.
- Obtains blood samples from patients quickly, efficiently, and
with a minimum discomfort to patients.
- Differentiates stat requests from routine and timed samples.
Prioritizes draws and utilizes time management skills.Our
Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health is a family of
115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians
across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our
colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values,
traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the
communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce
positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a
different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these
differences often lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication to
diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and
education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and
accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier
Keywords: Saint Alphonsus Health System, Nampa , Phlebotomist - Full time, Mixed Shift, Other , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!