Seasonal Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: US Silica
Posted on: September 20, 2022
U.S. Silica is a global performance materials company and a
leading producer of commercial silica used in a wide range of
industrial applications and in the oil and gas industry. U.S.
Silica's wholly owned subsidiaries include EP Minerals and SandBox
Logistics -. EP Minerals is an industry leader in the production of
products derived from diatomaceous earth, perlite, engineered
clays, and non-activated clays. SandBox Logistics - is a
state-of-the-art leader in proppant storage, handling and well-site
delivery, dedicated to making proppant logistics cleaner, safer and
During our 121-year history, we have developed core competencies in
mining, processing, logistics and materials science that enable us
to produce and cost-effectively deliver over 400 diversified
product types to customers across our end markets. As of December
31, 2020, we operated 23 production facilities across the United
States. We control 489 million tons of reserves of commercial
silica, which can be processed to make 197 million tons of finished
products that meet American Petroleum Institute ("API") frac sand
specifications, and 79 million tons of reserves of diatomaceous
earth, perlite, and clays.
The Company is headquartered in Katy, Texas, and has an office in
This role is an important part of maintaining a continuous supply
of ore to the Vale Plant by safely and efficiently operating
equipment at the mine. This position will start in April/May and
end in late fall; as weather permits. The schedule is 4on/4off with
12-hour shifts. Camp trailers are available to stay in during the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Operate various types of heavy equipment to excavate and move
diatomaceous earth, dirt, rock, sand and other raw materials.
* Effectively move machines, create and move stockpiles. Dig, lift,
swing and dump contents of shovel into truck, car, conveyor, hopper
* Responsible for the safe operation of equipment while following
all traffic rules on and off the company property.
* Meet productivity standards in a timely manner and adapt to
changes in the work environment.
* Maintain telephone or radio contact with Supervisor to receive
* Inspect equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes,
gas, oil and water.
* Assist in performance of emergency roadside repairs such as
changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, etc.
* Inspect equipment for defects before, during and after shifts and
submit reports indicating equipment condition.
* Follow all federal and state safety regulations and company
* Keep the equipment clean and presentable.
* Perform equipment maintenance as required.
* Fueling and lubrication of equipment.
* Safe work practices:
* Work in a safe manner.
* Promote safety among co-workers
* Be willing to help with special projects.
* Comply with all safety, environmental regulations and company
* High school diploma or general education diploma (GED), or
* Strong attention to detail
* Gather and analyze information skillfully and with alternate
solutions in mind when necessary
* The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy;
* The ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and
* Good attendance history
* Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in the work
* Ability to work a flexible work schedule
Keywords: US Silica, Nampa , Seasonal Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Vale, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!