Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you an Accounting professional looking to have a career with
a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an
exciting opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an
Accounting Supervisor at our Carlin Complex. The successful
candidate will support the completion of accounting duties as
related to the Carlin sites; prepare general journal entries,
review costs for completeness and accuracy, facilitate the
preparation of budgets and forecasts, support managers as requested
and assist site management in understanding their costs; perform
other duties as assigned.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most
valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating
the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe
work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every
day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
- Lead accounting team with month end close process, reporting,
and audits. Review and/or initiates and posts journal entries.
Prepare financial statements and analysis.
- Review and/or initiates account reconciliations, review costs
- Assist in budget and forecast process.
- Identify and implement productivity and process
- Provides oversight, feedback, guidance, and direction to
accountants that will enable them to perform their job requirements
as directed by the Site CFO.
- Establish knowledge of IFRS and NGM accounting policies,
procedures, internal control standards, and maintain compliance
while performing responsibilities
- Recognize and communicate potential issues to his/her
supervisor, as appropriate
- Contribute ideas and actions towards the continuous improvement
of processes within area of influence
- Assist in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative
partnerships with finance customers.
- Gives and encourages feedback, contributes to building a
positive team culture, and puts success of team above own
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and safety training
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field required;
Master's degree in Accounting or MBA preferred
- Two (2) to four (4) years prior related supervision experience
- Strong technical accounting skills, understanding of accounting
concepts, and comprehension of business-related implications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to stay organized, efficient, analytical, and to pay
close attention to detail required
- Excellent team player with the ability to work with Staff
Accountants, Mine Sites, Executives, and other departments
personnel/cross-functional teams required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to be self-motivated, flexible, and able to organize
and respond to multiple demands and priorities required
- Prior implementation or working experience with implementation
SAP or OneStream applications preferred
- Exposure to the mining industry in a mining accounting function
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive
medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a
401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off,
company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase
program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold
Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%),
combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the
single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the
full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their
associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced
an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these
assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination
of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the
combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's
Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has
the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this
portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in
cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is
operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for
an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: Barrick Gold Corporation, Nampa , Accounting Supervisor, Other , Carlin, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!