Company: Cable One, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join Sparklight as a Field Technician (also known as a Broadband
Technician) and use your talents to make a meaningful impact with
your team and the more than 900,000 residential and business
customers we serve in over 21 states. You will consistently exceed
delivery on our promises to be helpful, personal, proactive, and
committed by supporting our customers with internet, phone, and
video services that help them stay connected to what matters most -
whether that's making sure families can video chat with deployed
service members, ensuring a Twitch streamer is connected late at
night when the audience is online, or giving a small business owner
faith that their internet connection will power their team through
client pitches and product demos.
To quote one of our associates in a recent company news article
as to why he loves his job as a field technician, "The freedom and
empowerment. We're out on our own on the truck. Our supervisors
give us the authority to decide what needs to be done, back us up
and support our decisions."
How we will SPARK your interest?
Just as we keep our customers connected to what matters most, we
keep our associates connected to what matters most to them - a
thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where
they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent
work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace. Here's a
taste of what to expect:
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits start for you and your
family on day one.
- You will be rewarded for your contributions with a competitive
- Looking for work/life balance? We offer regular work hours
(Monday through Friday).
- You will be representing our brand, so we provide a company
vehicle, tools and uniforms!
- Enjoy R&R throughout the year? We offer paid vacation,
holidays, and personal time so you can rejuvenate.
- Paid time off is available to volunteer with your favorite
- We take pride in developing our team and being able to promote
from within, so we offer tuition reimbursement ($5250 per year) and
ongoing training to assist in career growth. (Our CEO started with
the Company as a CSR - That's how seriously we take learning and
- Complimentary cable, internet, and phone service is available
if you're at an address serviceable by Sparklight.
- Enjoy TV Everywhere FREE on the devices you connect with!
- You will be eligible for 401(k) with full match up to 5% of
your pay and vested after 1 year.
How you will contribute to the Company's success:
- Connect our customers to what they love by installing customer
service drops or outlets in both residential and business
- Take the training you gain to use electronic test equipment and
online diagnostic tools to troubleshoot customer service drops or
outlets, diagnose and repair reception performance issues, and
resolve all problems from the customer's equipment to the output of
the first distribution amplifier.
- You will ensure we're providing proper upstream and downstream
signal levels at each termination on the customer's premises.
- You will be proactive by suggesting upgrades of existing
services as well as educate customers on the use of their
- This position has the expectation and responsibility to take on
other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill our Brand
Principles, and abide by our Organization's Value.
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
- You will need to have a good driving record and a valid
driver's license in the state you are applying.
- The technology world never stops changing - Keeping pace with
the product improvements we're providing our customers is
- We want to train you! You will need to have the aptitude and
ability to learn to use RF, digital and Volt-Ohm meters and other
related equipment to interpret data and use information to solve
problems and determine optimal signal routing.
- Flexibility to go above and beyond for our customers by working
overtime and on-call as needed.
- Problem solving is key when working with our customers. Be able
to listen to customers and present solutions in a positive
- Due to the nature of the position you will need to successfully
work in small and confined areas; lift to 80 lbs.; work on a
ladder; and work in all weather conditions. Depending upon the area
for which you applied, that could mean very hot and humid, freezing
cold, wet and rainy, or a combination of them all.
- You will have demonstrated at least 3 months of customer
service or related experience and/or training. The equivalent
combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required. Our customers
need you to help keep them connected to what matters most!
The Core Competencies we require of all associates:
- Committed: Value each and every customer while working hard to
keep their business and support our communities.
- Helpful: Deliver support in the ways that are most useful to
our customers and address their needs with expertise, respect, and
- Proactive: Understand what our customers need, and actively
work to make their relationship with us seamless, easy, and
- Personal: Know our customers well, and tailor our
communications and interactions to address their needs and
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the
associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success.
Here at Sparklight, we believe it is our individual and unique
talents, backgrounds and perspectives that, when combined, truly
make us an unstoppable force. "stronger together" is not just a
verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify
and embody each and every day. Sparklight and all of its
subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all
individuals of different races, colors, creeds, national origins,
genders, marital and veteran statuses.
Who is Sparklight?
Sparklight is a leading broadband communications provider and
part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than
900,000 residential and business customers in 21 states. We keep
our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For
our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career,
respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on
health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open
and inclusive workplace.
Cable One, Inc. is committed to keeping our associates and
customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of
background, drug screening and reference check. Only after
successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals
approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding
Keywords: Cable One, Inc., Nampa , Field Technician, Other , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!