QC Tech 1
Company: US Silica
Posted on: June 8, 2021
U.S. Silica is a global performance materials company and a
leading producer of commercial silica used in a wide range of
industrial applications and in the oil and gas industry. U.S.
Silica's wholly owned subsidiaries include EP Minerals and SandBox
Logistics. EP Minerals is an industry leader in the production of
products derived from diatomaceous earth, perlite, engineered
clays, and non-activated clays. SandBox Logistics is a
state-of-the-art leader in proppant storage, handling and well-site
delivery, dedicated to making proppant logistics cleaner, safer and
During our 121-year history, we have developed core competencies
in mining, processing, logistics and materials science that enable
us to produce and cost-effectively deliver over 400 diversified
product types to customers across our end markets. As of December
31, 2020, we operated 23 production facilities across the United
States. We control 489 million tons of reserves of commercial
silica, which can be processed to make 197 million tons of finished
products that meet American Petroleum Institute ("API") frac sand
specifications, and 79 million tons of reserves of diatomaceous
earth, perlite, and clays.
The Company is headquartered in Katy, Texas, and has an office
in Reno, Nevada.
The QC Tech 1 position performs laboratory tests to determine
chemical and physical characteristics of diatomaceous earth for
such purposes as mining, quality control, process control and/or
- Performs all necessary testing and tasks as per the current
documented work instructions.
- Enters data and test results into IFS, LIMS, database, and
excel (as needed)
- Communicates regularly with other QC Techs, mill operator,
shift supervisor, production manager and quality manager on test
results, in-process testing, etc
- Calibration of needed QC lab equipment
- Assist Production as needed.
- Other duties as needed
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.); or
six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Working safely is priority
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Keywords: US Silica, Nampa , QC Tech 1, Other , Vale, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!