Patient Service Representative Baker Family Practice Clinic Full Time Days
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Location: Baker City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Works in conjunction with physicians and clinical staff to take
care of patients' administrative needs. Primary responsibilities
include checking in patients for appointments, collecting patient
co-pays, answering telephones, taking accurate messages, scheduling
appointments, and checking insurance eligibility. Utilizes our
electronic record system to verify and update patient demographic
information as well as posting and balancing of payments collected.
Patient Service Representatives are friendly and provide excellent
customer service, assuring that patients are informed and well
cared for while waiting for their appointment, creating a positive
experience for patients.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience required. Healthcare
experience preferred. Electronic health record (EHR) experience a
plus. Medical terminology preferred.
- Experience with process improvement or lean philosophy
- Demonstrated excellent customer service attitude/behavior.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multi-tasking, flexibility, time
management, organization, attention to detail, scheduling,
professionalism, and quality focus.
- Ability to functions well in a team focused environment.
- Demonstrated independent problem solving and critical thinking
- Demonstrated computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and
Outlook and 10 Key.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the
Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices,
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of
personal and financial information and follows guidelines for HIPPA
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and
reports needed changes.
Patient Registration Essential Functions:
- Acknowledges and greets patients immediately, providing a
positive customer service experience.
- Registers patients for appointments and completes
- Verifies and updates existing patient and insurance
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of
- Informs patients immediately of delays, explains why, and the
anticipated wait time.
- Collects, records, and communicates to patients their
responsible balances for visit, diagnostic testing, supplies,
- Maintains knowledge of different payer practices and
- Assist patients with all aspects of Financial Assistance
- Controls credit extended to patients via a payment plan.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment and order
- Maintains a neat work area including the reception area.
- Follows Cash Control Policy and Procedure and balances daily
financial activities. Ensures collection of payments at time of
Scheduling Medical Appointments Essential Functions:
- Optimizes patient's satisfaction, provider time, and treatment
room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by
- Handles multiple telephone lines effectively and politely per
- Updates patient personal and insurance information, and
notifies patients to bring insurance cards, identification, and
co-payment to appointment.
- Mails patient paperwork to new patients prior to
- Interacts with patients via Patient Portal.
- Scans in-coming patient related documents into EHR.
- Ability to process incoming and outgoing referral
Medical Records Essential Functions:
- Files incoming medical reports and correspondence.
- Assembles new patient medical records in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and
retrieving patient records.
- Receives, processes, and documents referral requests to and
from the office.
- Sorts incoming faxes via Right Fax and routes.
- Receives and routes record requests from others and makes
requests on behalf of providers/patients.
Visit Saint Alphonsus on Facebook!
Visit Saint Alphonsus on Linkedin!
See additional information by visiting Saint Alphonsus YouTube
Other career opportunities at www.saintalphonsus.org/careers
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Nampa , Patient Service Representative Baker Family Practice Clinic Full Time Days, Other , Baker City, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!