EWP Shift Supervisor
Company: Boise Cascade
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Category: ProductionRequisition Number: EWPSH002303Posted:
May 20, 2023 Full-Time Homedale, ID 83628, USAEssential Functions
(describe essential job responsibilities in order of importance (no
- Coordinates the daily activities of production associates.
- Prepares work orders and recommends ideas for equipment
- Provides reports on a daily/weekly frequency to summarize
results of production flow.
- Communicates with plant personnel to aid process improvement on
overall production/quality/safety issues.
- Aids in the process of educating machine operators on their
contribution to the throughput and quality of finished
- Trains hourly employees in housekeeping, job safety and
investigation of accidents - holding periodic safety meetings with
- Facilitates and coordinates accident investigations.
- Develops good employee relations, handles employee complaints
- Provides activity reports to management on the safety,
production, maintenance and quality of the plant.
- Identifies and responds actively to the needs of all customers
and is open and responsive to change.
- Maintains an environmental awareness and promotes safety
practices according to company policies and procedures.
- Reviews work performed and appraises performance.
- Must understand and facilitate payroll, inventory and shipping
processes in addition to scheduling and maintenance. Minimum
Education/Experience/Physical Functions (indicate minimum
education, skill requirements, certifications, type and/or years of
experience and physical functions required for the position)College
Degree, or equivalent work experience in related job function.
Essential qualifications include proven skills in a production
environment with an understanding of manufacturing practices,
excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with
people and to facilitate change and growth in a team environment.
Must be available to work a flexible work schedule (to include
swing and graveyard work) in a production-manufacturing
environment. PC skills essential. Preferred Qualifications:
Previous supervisory experience; typically more than five (5) years
of experience in related job function. Windows NT programs helpful.
Decision-Making/Supervisory (explain latitude for decision making
and the frequency of those decisions; supervisory/lead role, if
applicable; supervisory direction received)Typically supervises the
daily activities of 2 or more associates. May guide other
supervisors and/or leads. Decisions guided by policies, procedures
with oversight from manager.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
60-1.35(c)Please see job descriptionPI217449420
Keywords: Boise Cascade, Nampa , EWP Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Homedale, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...