Medical Lab Technologist
Company: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Employment Type: Full time Shift: Description: At Saint
Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living
out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to
work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these
virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest
quality of care. GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE: Performs tests
related to the diagnosis and treatment of patient by utilizing
various medical laboratory procedures in the Clinical Laboratory.
Correlates and integrates other patient data when interpreting test
results. Uses professional judgment and has an in-depth knowledge
of laboratory techniques, scientific principles, quality control,
and instrument maintenance. Recognizes problems, identifies causes,
and determines alternative methods and solutions. SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related science
- Medical Lab Technician (MLT), Medical Technologist (MT),
Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Clinical Laboratory Scientist
(CLS) or equivalent certification by the American Society for
Clinical Pathology (ASCP) required or registry eligible and
obtained within 1 year of hire date.
- 1 year of medical technology training preferred.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory preferred. ESSENTIAL
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the
Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices,
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with all departmental
policies and procedures relevant to the scope of activities
including safety policies.
- Performs, records and reviews scheduled QC. Takes immediate
corrective action when QC data is outside established limits.
- Performs and records routine maintenance of equipment.
Recognizes and documents poor instrument performance and takes
appropriate action independently.
- Verifies specimen labeling, integrity and suitability before
- Accurately performs low, medium and high complexity testing
procedures according to established protocols and regulatory
- Reports test results accurately and appropriately. Reports
critical test results to physician, nursing station or physician
office according to established protocol.
- Ability to prioritize work to maintain maximum efficiency. Uses
spare time to assist other areas as needed.
- Performs phlebotomy when needed according to laboratory
policies and procedures.
- Monitors supply inventory and takes appropriate action to
ensure that needed supplies are readily available.
- Reviews work performed by clinical laboratory assistants.
Performs corrective actions if required.
- Performs expected tasks without direction of supervisor.
- Ensures accuracy of work being reported by assigned department.
Examines review lists, pending logs and the like. Resolves problems
immediately and communicates with oncoming shift, nurses/physicians
as appropriate. Works independently and troubleshoots analyzers by
calling tech support, etc. Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health
System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package
and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health!
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the
benefits, culture, and career development opportunities available
to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System. Saint Alphonsus and
Trinity Health are committed to promoting diversity in its
workforce and to providing an inclusive work environment where
everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We are
committed to recruit and retain a diverse staff reflective of the
communities we serve. Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal
opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any
individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital
status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Our Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Alphonsus Health System, Nampa , Medical Lab Technologist, Healthcare , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!