Executive Director - RN - Hospice
Company: Heart N Home Hospice and Palliative
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Company Overview: Heart N Home Hospice is Hiring for a Full Time
Executive Director - Registered Nurse (RN)
- Excellent Pay & Benefits
- 1: Great Culture - join our family!
- 1 Patient Care
- Flexibility to Create Your Own Schedule
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Plan Heart N Home Hospice and
Palliative, part of LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care
partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From
home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
For More Career Opportunities with LHC Group visit - Essential
Functions: The Executive Director in Hospice (Registered Nurse, RN)
supervises all aspects of patient care, all activities of
professional staff and allied health personnel, regulatory
requirements compliance, financial performance, and quality
assurance performance improvement activities for agency. The
Executive Director or alternate will be available on site during
business hours and additionally, if needed.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies
and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare /
Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all
staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site
during business hours or immediately available by telephone when
off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the
driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or
designee RN, such as a Patient Care Manager, will receive daily
report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of
patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification
processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management
Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for
appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are
billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on
a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as
well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the
operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the
most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and
improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chartaudits,
patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family
complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family
complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance
with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and
regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug
formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost
effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to
ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses
through LHC Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed basis.
- Acts as Emergency Coordinator during emergencies ensuring
appropriate plan execution. Education & Experience: License
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed registered nurse,
licensed practical nurse, or licensed social worker or college
graduate with a Bachelor's degree with at least three years of
documented experience in discipline/field of study with at least
one year of full time experience in a hospice, home health, or
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation. Equal Opportunity
Employer - vets, disability. Must be fully vaccinated or be willing
to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of
vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the
company will consider requests for religious or medical
Keywords: Heart N Home Hospice and Palliative, Nampa , Executive Director - RN - Hospice, Healthcare , Fruitland, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!