Customer Manager - Healthcare/Life Science - Remote
Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Plexus is embarking on a journey one that takes us into new
territories and builds on the amazing things our people have
achieved together with our customers. We're growing and that means
lots of new things new people, new skills, new approaches to doing
things. At the same time, we continue to strengthen the ways we
delight our customers every day. So what does it take to bring our
ideas, vision and strategy to life? We know that it s all about the
Check out what a career at Plexus can offer you!
* Innovative, dynamic and fast-paced
* Continuous improvement focused
* Focused on relationship and team building
* Committed to customer service excellence
Ready to get started?
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Creates, manages, and executes the account
strategy for a set of assigned customer(s). In this role, the
Customer Manager will represent the voice of the customer to the
customer team and the voice of Plexus to the external customer.
This role will focus in the Healthcare/Life Science sector.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Create a working account plan which includes TCAR analysis and
strategies/tactics to increase profitable revenue, account
penetration and engagement points (including manufacturing and
engineering). Develop innovative and creative solutions that will
help further differentiate the Plexus service offering with our
customers. Successfully execute plans while engaging the broader
Plexus organization, as appropriate, while continually improving
customer satisfaction and "stickiness."
* Ensure Plexus meets or exceeds the expectations of customers.
Advocate for customer needs within Plexus and represent Plexus
needs and interests to the customer. Translate the needs and
interests into action that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction
goals and creates mutual benefit for Plexus. Lead a
cross-functional Plexus team that includes engineering,
manufacturing, supply chain, costing, financial and legal experts
to ensure we continue meeting or exceeding customer expectations
* Increase Plexus revenue and profitability. Establish clearly
defined financial objectives for customers. Partner with
manufacturing and engineering to proactively manage the customer
P&L to ensure we meet/exceed the objectives.
* Build and develop multi-level relationships, including executive
level, with customers and internally. Be fully conversant and
intimate with the customer business model, competition, market and
needs. Partner with other key Plexus functions (e.g. manufacturing
and engineering) in furthering the customer relationship.
* Forecasting: Communicate with customers to ensure that the
forecasts that are received are timely, are as accurate as
possible, and are consistent with the pricing model.
* Contracts: Lead negotiations with customers for pricing and/or
contractual changes and ensure that both Plexus and the customer
are compliant with existing manufacturing and engineering
* Inventory: Closely monitor obsolete, slow moving, and excess
inventory (OIX) levels and negotiate ways to reduce and/or
eliminate OIX inventory with the customers.
* Customer Visit Planning: Lead Plexus customer site visit planning
and drive the Plexus manufacturing and engineering sites with
preparing for these visits in ways consistent with the Customer
Care Guidelines. Ensure that meeting goals are communicated to the
appropriate people prior to the meeting.
* Customer Visit Execution: When present during customer visits
must own the agenda and ensure that the meeting is progressing in
such a way as to ensure that the meeting's objectives and goals are
being met. Following the meeting, must ensure that meeting notes,
actions, and next steps are communicated and executed per the
expectations set in the meeting.
* Project Management: Monitor ongoing Plexus led projects and
intervene when appropriate to ensure that the customer and Plexus
are aligned. Proactively communicate status to internal and
external customers as appropriate.
* Request for Quotes: Lead Plexus's response to Requests for
Quotations (RFQ's) from customers by entering the appropriate
information into Plexus's quote tracking tool, participating in
meetings, and ensuring Plexus' and the customer's actions are
closed as expected. Lead and communicate quotation strategy and
ensure that all internal teams are aligned with objectives of the
* Promote the Plexus brand through application of Plexus Values and
* Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
* Additional duties as assigned.
HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF WHAT YOU LL GET FOR THE GREAT WORK YOU
* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
* Life Insurance
* Matching 401k
* Paid Personal Time Off
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Discount Programs
* Career Advancement Opportunities
HERE S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* A minimum of a Bachelor s degree is required; a Master s level
coursework is preferred.
* Five (5) years of related experience is required; Three (3) or
more years of related experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills are
* Basic computer skills are required.
* Able to make sound, logical and reasonable decisions with minimal
* Able to apply solution selling knowledge and capabilities.
* Applies financial acumen to influence customers and
* Basic understanding of electronics manufacturing is required.
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of an office environment with
suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Customer Manager - Healthcare/Life Science - Remote, Executive , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!