Regional Director (Northwest U.S.)
Posted on: August 19, 2019
Title: Regional Director (Northwest U.S.)
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and
dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love
receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a
collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone
is encouraged to be themselves.
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team
environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We
trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one
another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and
professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to
promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative
thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and
support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Our Regional Directors (RDs) are responsible for the development
and growth of Trupanion's field sales organization within their
region and are passionate about providing consultative support and
service to Territory Partners and Territory Partner Associates.
The position of Regional Director requires approximately 80% travel
throughout WA, OR, ID, UT, British Columbia and Alberta. An ideal
candidate should reside in the Northwest U.S. near a major airport
This role will report to the VP of Western Market.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coach, develop and support a team of 9-13 Territory Partners
tasked with building and maintaining relationships with veterinary
- Increase capability of selling skills, presentation skills, and
- Travel and conduct weekly field rides with team members in the
areas mentioned above.
- Assist in development of key partnerships and accounts
- Grow regional portion of veterinary referred business
- Manage regional expense budgets
- Learn and adapt to new systems quickly and be able to teach
- Serve as a resource; provide expertise on key policy questions,
growing hospital relationships, team recruiting and management, and
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your
- 8+ years of pet industry
- 2+ years in pet industry people management
- Experience with regular travel and remote coaching
- Experience in performance coaching that led to results
- Experience in business planning
- Relationship management
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Our Regional Directors are pet passionate and possess a strong
belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to
provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or
- Strengths should include team-building, coaching skills,
communication, and customer development.
- Regional Directors know how to drive results through influence
- Adept in computer skills and able to quickly learn and teach
- Ability and willingness to travel 4 out of 5 days a week
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance
for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico
through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc.
Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in
the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave
S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to
review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally 'adhoc' instead of
bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly,
flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on
individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but
they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit
Keywords: Trupanion, Nampa , Regional Director (Northwest U.S.), Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!