Program Manager II
Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: July 12, 2019
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The Program Manager leads the tactical interface
between the customer and various Plexus functional areas. This
position is responsible for leading the Customer Focus Team (CFT)
and managing the day-to-day customer relationship. In essence, be
the voice of Plexus to the customer and the voice of the customer
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Manage the customer relationship.
* Lead Customer Focus Team to deliver appropriate levels of
customer service and satisfaction.
* The Program Manager is responsible for managing the tactical,
business customer relationship.
* Manage and Lead Tactical Customer Support.
* Lead Customer Focus Team to deliver appropriate levels of
customer service and satisfaction:
* Develop and lead the team such that members are engaged,
responsible and productive to satisfy internal external
* Support the customer focus team in continuous improvement / lean
activities and programs.
* Work with team members to present issues and alternatives to the
* Ensure the CFT is properly interpreting and executing contractual
* Manage and Lead Tactical Customer Support:
* Work with CFT to provide acceptable commitments based upon
customer demand and Plexus capabilities.
* Work with Customer Focus Team to ensure demand is properly loaded
into Master Production Schedule (MPS) and driven through to the
Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) system.
* Monitor customer s open orders.
* Obtain, analyze and report customer s rolling, periodic
* Coordinate, negotiate and communicate commitment dates on
* Work with CFT to hold effective Kick-offs and Manufacturing
Readiness Reviews (MRR s).
* Exhibit a working knowledge of the program s financial metrics
(i.e., Profit & Loss (P&L), Balance Sheet, return on capital
employed (ROCE), etc.).
* Participate in periodic revenue reporting updates and work with
finance to establish customer goals.
* Negotiate with the customer to maximize recovery of appropriate
costs (i.e., purchase price variance (PPV), non-recurring expense
(NRE)) and increase profitability.
* Coordination of periodic pricing reviews.
* Ensure timely OIX resolution through:
* Verification and communication of OIX to customer.
* Drive OIX resolution from customer (with MTM and CM).
* Ensure Engineering Change Orders (ECO s) are implemented
effectively and priced appropriately.
* Escalate issues as appropriate through internal site management
and corporate resources.
* Maintain an awareness of the customer s life cycle plan for
assemblies and product lines.
* Coordinate timely execution of quotes for existing customers as
* Submit Request for Quotation (RFQ) to quoting.
* Lead CFT in quote review.
* Provide quote to customer/CM.
* Manage customer relationship.
* Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction with an advocacy
attitude and drive.
* Provide timely response to customer requests with answers and
* Facilitate and support Quarterly Business Reviews and drive to
closure subsequent actions.
* Work closely with customer and internal team members to resolve
* Coordinate customer site visits.
* Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's is required.
* Two (2) years of related experience is required; Two (2) or more
years of related experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Intermediate Computer Skills.
* Intermediate Decision Making / Problem Solving Skills.
* Intermediate Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
* Employee must be assertive and self-motivated with the ability to
work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to lead a team in a matrix organization.
* Must be able to problem solve, prioritize and have the ability to
multitask and continuously improve processes and capabilities.
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication,
organizational and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to discern the alignment of customer requests and actions
against contractual stipulations and accepted business
* Create presentations, documents, etc. for management and
customers to effectively communicate business problems and
* Must demonstrate management skills as defined by company
* Familiarity with financial metrics and levers that drive the
metrics; ability to develop and implement improvement actions.
* Ability to learn the operating facets of the Electronic
Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry.
* A working knowledge of MRP systems is required.
* Experience with Microsoft office is beneficial.
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of an office environment with
suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Program Manager II, Executive , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!