Assistant Maintenance Manager
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Description LACTALIS IS OFFERING A $5000 HIRING BONUS FOR THIS
POSITION1/2 to be paid at 90days and 1/2 to be paid at 180days
Lactalis North America is currently seeking candidates to join our
Maintenance team in Nampa, ID. Lactalis Group, the world leader in
dairy, is a family-owned business with more than 85,000 pragmatic
and ambitious professionals worldwide, committed to providing
healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together
every day. At Lactalis, our core values of AMBITION, ENGAGEMENT,
and SIMPLICITY are at the heart of everything we do. If you are
looking for a unique experience with a company that offers strong
brands, professional expertise, and a dynamic work environment that
champions entrepreneurial spirt, hands-on responsibility and real
opportunity for career development, we want to hear from you!
Lactalis North America: inviting you to share with us your STORY,
your PASSION, and your EXPERTISE. From your PASSION to ours
Responsible to ensure entire plant is running smoothly and in a
safe, productive way. Focus on production quality, and people.
Identifies, investigates, and works to solve any problems that
arise. Will supervise maintenance team and assist in tasks when
needed. Lead team in effective decision making in regard to safety,
production and goals of the plant. Maintain, repair, and keep
downtime to a minimum of all manufacturing equipment to ensure
efficient and safe operations. Requirements From your EXPERTISE to
ours Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensures equipment is properly operating.
- Order parts when necessary.
- Train employees on proper equipment usage.
- Inputs and maintains inventory information in computer system
(i.e. vendor, order points, etc).
- Total responsibility for all aspects of inventory; organizes
inventory control devices.
- Maintains maintenance budget records.
- Ships and receives UPS, Feeder, etc for South Park Plant
- Attends all departmental and other essential meetings as
- Organizes and maintains inventory.
- Determines obsolete inventory and works with controllers,
ensuring proper disposal.
- Works with present suppliers on negotiating price and delivery;
Seeks alternative suppliers, new products, and better prices.
- Assists with parts room inventory as needed.
- Assists manager and superintendent on any cost saving
- Responsible for all inventory cost data and orks closely with
Maintenance Manager in developing budgets.
- Conducts miscellaneous research, simulations, and comparisons
as needed. Develops and implements any new reporting tools as
- Propose technical and organizational improvements to their line
- Be involved in trials (machines, products, processes etc.)
- Organize team's output (efficiencies, headcount etc.)
- Plan and schedule manpower consistent with production
- Apply any environmental regulations and ensure they are
- Propose improvements
- Apply the safety rules and ensure they are implemented and
- Participate in analyzing occupational hazards
- Prevent potential risks
- Take necessary measures if people are performing unsafe acts or
are in an unsafe environment From your STORY to ours Qualified
applicants will contribute the following: Education
- Associate's Degree from a two year college or technical school
- 5 - 6 years experience in maintenance department preferred or
- 5 - 6 years management experience
- Food Manufacturing preferred Specialized Knowledge
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Lotus, Kronos, Ultraware, Syswin, and AB software preferred
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to interpret variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and possess strong personal
- Strong communication abilities in both written and verbal.
- Basic knowledge of operating systems, word processing, and data
- Strong ability to listen to personnel over maintenance
- Displays good math, technical and decision making skills.
Keywords: Lactalis, Nampa , Assistant Maintenance Manager, Executive , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!