Operational Risk Sr Manager (VP/Hybrid)
Posted on: November 19, 2022
The Operational Risk Sr Manager accomplishes results through the
management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates
subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires
in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within
the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the
objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial
awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are
required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in
particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external
customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and
delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for
planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of
expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full
management responsibility of a team, which may include management
of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as
performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and
terminations and may include budget approval.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Assesses risks and drive actions to address the root causes
that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging
both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to)
technology operational risk, risk for example.
- Establishes and maintains a robust control environment and
culture within the Citi businesses worldwide.
- Assists management in achieving and maintaining strategic
objectives, promotes efficiency, reduces the risk of loss and helps
ensure compliance with corporate polices, procedures, laws and
- Assists in assessing current status of all regulation related
- Recommends control enhancements as needed
- Identifies best practices to be shared with global Citi
- Develops and maintains tracking metrics for management
reporting and escalation
- Establishes a rapport with Business Managers, Compliance,
Internal Audit and Legal.
- Develops a broad and detailed understanding of the
organization's landscape, culture and technology.
- Understands the various businesses and the applicable
regulations which govern
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in Operational Risk is a must. Other risk
and control disciplines would be a plus - credit, and market.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be
- Expertise in the following is beneficial: Fraud Awareness and
Risk Management Legal and Regulatory Compliance, specifically
- Management of a global operations and a complex environment
that includes global teams.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred This
position may work/sit at any US Citi Operations site
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
Florence Kentucky United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$103,570.00 - $155,360.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Nampa , Operational Risk Sr Manager (VP/Hybrid), Executive , Marsing, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!