ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - Shari's of Nampa
Company: Shari's Restaurant
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Shari's Assistant General ManagerREPORTS TO: - General Manager
Position Summary: An Assistant General Manager (AGM) contributes to
the success of Sharis by overseeing food production, guest service,
team member performance, restaurant cleanliness and administrative
duties of a Sharis restaurant. - The AGM works shifts opposite
those of the General Manger and is responsible for restaurant
operations in the General Managers off-time. - -The AGM, along with
the General Manager, is involved in the development, performance
monitoring and discipline of team members. Essential Functions: To
perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential function satisfactorily. - The duties and
responsibilities listed below are those that must be met to
successfully perform this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an
essential function. Salary Exempt: - The Assistant General Manager
is a salaried position. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Guest Experience: -
Maintain maximum sales and guest satisfaction by overseeing the
production of quality food and beverage served by a service-focused
team. - Assist the general manager with sales building activities
and team member development. Quality Food and Beverage:
- Set up the restaurant by conducting and following up on line
checks and bi-weekly PPQCs. Prepare and print daily prep sheets as
needed, oversee prep duties as directed. - Provide input on par
- Regularly expedite the pass bar to provide for training,
monitoring, coaching and encouraging team members on quality food
production, plating, prep, temperature standards and ticket times
on your shifts. - Assist in developing restaurant plans to improve
guest satisfaction scores for food quality and speed of
- Assist in training and monitoring new menu items and limited
time offerings and oversee implementation on your shifts. Service:
- Set up your shift by completing a FOH log, make station
assignments, schedule breaks and conduct a pre-shift meeting to
communicate a game plan and motivate the team to ensure
satisfaction scores are continually improving.
- Work the floor during peak hours and make contact with each
guest by visiting their table once during the dining experience to
establish a management presence, evaluate levels of service and
coach team members in providing guest satisfaction.
- Follow up and resolve all guest complaints received on your
shifts. - Pass along compliments. - Log guest comments in the
- Evaluate team members skills and prepare plans for ongoing
training and development for the team members you work with the
most. Proper Staffing/Quality and Quantity:
- Understand and adhere to Sharis application process. - Conduct
interviews and assist in selecting team members.
- Be familiar with all FOH POS labor reports to anticipate
volumes and use scheduled labor wisely on your shifts. - Assist
team as needed to increase productivity. - Be responsible for
finding replacements for team member call ins that occur on your
- Prepare schedules as assigned; assuring that the restaurant is
meeting its staffing guidelines. Team Management and Development: -
Participate in developing and supervising talented people by
providing training and motivation. - Promote team member relations
through consistent implementation of company personnel policies and
procedures. - Evaluate and review team members performance. Team
- Lead a team of approximately 10-15 team members.
- Ensure that all team members receive full and complete training
following Sharis established training programs and conduct ongoing
training on your shifts. - Along with the General Manager, develop
and train qualified team trainers.
- Along with the general Manager, evaluate team member
performance. - Write and present reviews for team members that you
- Motivate team by providing daily praise and coaching feedback
on team member performance on your shifts. - Assist the entire
management team in maintaining company recognition and reward
programs such as the 100 Club, anniversary, certification, guest
feedback comments, company contests, company promotions and
restaurants recognition programs. Human Resources Management and
- Ensure a safe and harassment free work environment. Ensure all
government mandated compliance rules are followed on your shift. -
- Ensure that team policies as stated in Sharis handbook are upheld
and incidents are properly reported on your shift and that any
incidents are discussed with the General Manager.
- Assist with maintaining the restaurants turnover rate at or
below company average.
- Write and present team member development plans and/or -
disciplinary action for those on your shifts. Sanitation and
Cleanliness: Maintain established restaurant system to ensure to
ensure the safety of our product, our guests and our team members.
- Conduct safety orientations and food safety training for new
team members and monitor team member safety practices each shift. -
Assist with maintaining the restaurants safety program and safety
- Oversee the completion of shift side-work and deep clean
assignments and monitor personal hygiene and uniform standards on
- Communicate restaurants equipment problems to the General
Manager, assist with scheduling and following up on repairs.
- Conduct FOH and BOH check each shift you work to ensure proper
temperatures, storage and handling practices for Sharis food items.
- Assist with conducting restaurant Quality Assurance and Safety
Inspections. - Financial Management: - Work with General Manager in
building sales through community involvement, implementing company
marketing and maintaining high guest service scores. Contribute in
maintaining food, labor and other costs in accordance with company
policies, procedures and operating practices. - Practice analyzing
cost and developing action plans. Profitability:
- Maximize sales by executing Sharis Service Steps and menu
production on your shifts.
- Manage labor on your shifts using Sharis scheduling program
available labor reports. -
- Control food cost and waste on your shifts by using Sharis
inventory program and available food cost reports. - Prepare food
orders as assigned. -
- Work closely with the General Manager in maintaining the
restaurants other controllable budget. -
- Actively develop and implement plans for improving the
restaurants guest satisfaction scores. Business Administration:
- Properly complete shift and day close duties on your shifts and
complete shiftly, daily, weekly and period accounting duties as
assigned. - Follow Sharis Security and Banking Procedures and
Sharis Cash handling Procedures. -
- Properly execute restaurant systems on your shifts.
- Completed delegated management tasks in a timely manner.
- Attend weekly manager meetings to learn important information
and share feedback. Conduct 1-minute meetings on your shifts.
Ensure that company communications are properly and effectively
communicated on your shifts. Assist with the preparation and
delivery of team member meetings.
- Develop your verbal and written communication skills.
- Inform the General Manager of any restaurant concerns you have
about product, procedures or team members in a timely manner.
- Champion Change: Paves the way for needed changes and manages
- Seasoned Judgment: - Takes all critical information into
account when making decisions; make timely, decisions.
- Coach and Develop: - Accurately assesses strengths and
development needs of team members; gives timely, specific feedback,
and helpful coaching; provides challenging assignments and ongoing
- Inspiring Trust: - Earns the confidence and trust of others;
shows consistency between words, and actions; delivers on
commitments; produces high-quality work and demonstrates high
standards of ethical conduct; protects confidential
- Foster Open Communication: - Creates an atmosphere in which
timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and
others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Attracting and Developing Talent: - Accurately appraises the
strengths and weaknesses of others; provides constructive feedback;
assists in developing successors and talent pools.
- Driving Executions: - Monitors results; tackles problems
directly and with a sense of urgency.
- Sharis Professionalism: - Consistently treats individual with
dignity and respect, recognizing the importance of cultural
differences. - Embraces, communicates and demonstrates company
values and ethics. - Maintains reasonable expectations of self and
others when balancing time and performance demands with personal
and professional needs. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to read, write and communicate English well.
- Possess basic math skills needed to calculate budgets, payroll,
balance till and complete banking duties.
- Able to drive and hold a valid state drivers license.
- Proven previous management or supervisory experience.
- Able to direct, motivate, discipline and interact with team
- Possess reasoning abilities needed to project sales, evaluate
budgets and analyze profit statements.
- Able to obtain and maintain an alcohol service permit. PHYSICAL
STANDARDS: The Assistant General Manager position requires the
ability to work approximately 50 hours a week, 10 hours daily.
While performing the duties of this position the team member is
required to stand and walk continuously for 8-10 hours. Team member
will sit occasionally each hour. - Team member will continuously be
performing hand and wrist work including grasping. - Team member
will frequently bend and twist. - Team member will occasionally
push and pull, do fine hand manipulation, reach above the shoulder
and kneel or squat. - The position seldom requires climb/stairs. -
Team member will continuously lift or carry 0-10 pounds; frequently
lift or carry 11-15 pounds and rarely lift 16-20 pounds. - Team
member will occasionally use fine manipulation for
Keywords: Shari's Restaurant, Nampa , ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - Shari's of Nampa, Executive , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!