Behavioral Health Director
Company: Valley Family Health Care Inc
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Purpose of the Position: The Behavioral Health Director
contributes to fulfilling the organization's mission and strategic
initiatives by providing leadership, oversight, and management of
all Behavioral Health functions and activities. The incumbent
collaborates with VFHC staff, clinicians, and community partners to
lead the short- and long-term direction of the department and
functions. POSITION TITLE: Behavioral Health Director RESPONSIBLE
TO: Chief Executive Officer
- FLSA STATUS: Exempt QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Master's Degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology,
Counseling or related field and minimum five years of appropriate
- Ability to clinically supervise behavioral health providers in
both Idaho and Oregon.
- Proven leadership skills, including ability to effectively
influence, motivate, and lead a group of clinical and support
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written,
listening, and presenting
- Ability to assess, analyze, problem solve, and resolve
- Understanding of and sensitivity to working with a culturally
and demographically diverse population
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimation, and fiscal management
principles and procedures
- Ability to work independently, delegate responsibility and make
- Articulates organizational vision and implements organizational
- Represents the organization in a professional and effective
manner to the community
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record and insurance
- Direct experience in Community Health Centers and/or working
with underserved populations
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking/reading writing
- Participation/leadership in professional associations or groups
- Effectively manages and leads staff in a manner consistent with
VFHC mission and values.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, and
VFHC policies and procedures.
- Develops and communicates Behavioral Health vision and
strategic plan to all levels of the organization; as well as
provides oversight and direction to all behavioral health
- Responsible for the management and supervision of Psychiatric
Nurse Practitioners, Behavioral Health Providers, and others as
- Works collaboratively with the CFO to prepare an annual
department budget and effectively monitors and allocates resources
to carry out programs and activities within areas of
- Monitors provider/staff productivity, and provides support
needed to meet or exceed department and organization
- Develops quality and patient satisfaction metrics and
facilitates continuous process and quality improvement
- Serves on the Management Team, Quality Management Committee and
other committees, task forces and projects as appropriate.
- Leads organizational effort to integrate behavioral health with
medical and dental service lines. Research best practices and
develops plans and leads implementation efforts. This may include
expansion and/or affiliation with new sites.
- Builds strong relationships with staff, providers, and
management team to build trust and support, and to optimize
interdepartmental relationships at all levels.
- Facilitates collaboration with external partners including
other behavioral health/mental health agencies, hospitals, Rural
Health Clinics, specialty and ancillary providers, state and
regional agencies, and others as appropriate.
- Actively oversees and participates in training of staff,
clinicians, and others.
- Continually evaluates procedures and practices related to
patient privacy (adherence to HIPAA). Maintains professionalism and
confidentiality an all areas of administrative and patient care
- Recruits, selects, orients, and provides on-going training for
behavioral health providers.
- Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks
related to VFHC initiatives.
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned. PHYSICAL
- Ability to list up to 25 lbs.
- Prolonged sitting, bending, stooping, walking, and
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak clearly.
- Manual dexterity.
- Must have COVID vaccination.
Keywords: Valley Family Health Care Inc, Nampa , Behavioral Health Director, Executive , Fruitland, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!