Chief Nursing Officer
Company: Valley Family Health Care Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Purpose of the Position: The CNO contributes to fulfilling the
organization's mission and strategic initiatives by providing
leadership, oversight, evaluation, and direction of all nursing
functions and activities. Ensures adherence to safety
policies/practices and the highest degree of quality patient care.
Collaborates with leadership, clinicians, management staff, outside
organizations including hospitals and others to provide innovative
approaches to care, as well as continuity of care and comprehensive
1. Effectively manages staffing levels at all sites, including
development and deployment of strategies in emergency cases;
2. Actively participates in training of nursing and medical
assistant staff to maintain compliance with facility and state
standards as well as designs and implements professional
3. Responsible for the management and supervision of nursing staff,
Clinical Applications Specialist (EHR), and care management.
4. Works collaboratively with the CFO to prepare an annual
department budgets and allocates resources to carry out programs
and activities of the departments within areas of
5. Serves on the Leadership Team, Quality Management Committee and
other committees, task forces and projects as appropriate.
6. Responsible for administration and monitoring of standards,
policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
7. Directs the creation, implementation and evaluation of medical
support systems and procedures.
8. Implements new programming related to improved clinical care and
enhanced health outcomes and ensures smooth follow through in
coordination with all team members.
9. Reviews, analyzes and evaluates monthly financial and
statistical information and productivity reports with Director of
Nursing and Clinic Coordinators and makes necessary adjustments as
10. Manages clinical services with outside agencies and individuals
appropriately and effectively.
11. Establishes and monitors performance metrics.
12. Works collaboratively to monitor and improve processes and
outcomes of care and improve efficiency of the clinic staff.
13. Leads the organization in the pursuit of PCMH Recognition.
14. Maintains continuing quality assessment and improvement
analysis and evaluation of patient care delivery and communicates
with Leadership Team on the activities/issues of nursing and
patient care services.
15. Works collaboratively with the Medical Director and Dental
Director in monitoring the clinical performance of the EHR and
16. Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks
related to VFHC initiatives.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
-- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Management or related
field and five years of appropriate experience.
-- Idaho and Oregon RN licenses.
-- Strong commitment to VFHC mission.
-- Proven leadership skills, including ability to effectively
influence, motivate, and lead a group of nursing professionals.
-- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written,
listening, and presenting.
-- Solid understanding of clinical terminology and medical
-- Ability to assess, analyze, problem solve, and resolve
-- Ability to work independently, delegate responsibility and make
-- Articulates organizational vision and implements organizational
-- Works independently and is self-directed.
-- Represents the organization in a professional and effective
manner to the community.
-- Exercises sound judgment, tact and diplomacy.
-- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications: Word,
Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
-- Direct experience in Community Health Centers and/or working
with underserved populations.
-- Participation/leadership in professional associations or
-- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
-- Continuous standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling.
-- Normal manual dexterity.
-- Correctable vision and hearing.
-- Must be able to read, write and speak clearly.
-- Must have proficient keyboarding skills.
Need to have Covid vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated.
Accommodations considered for Medical and Religious
Keywords: Valley Family Health Care Inc, Nampa , Chief Nursing Officer, Executive , Payette, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!