Company: Lb Foster
Posted on: April 3, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: As a Production
Manager (Nampa) at LB Foster, you serve as a true strategic
partner. Providing leadership and guidance to all Production
Department supervisors and workforce. The Production Manager has
direct impact on the fiscal stability of the business and
productivity of the plant, and is directly responsible for
production, communication, safety, reliability, continuous
improvement, quality, and regulatory compliance.-- This Position...
Some examples of the work you might do includes...
- Manages operations of the plant, yard, maintenance, continuous
improvement and EHS programs.
- Works effectively with Sales, Engineering, Quality, Finance and
Human Resources to ensure goals and objectives for the facility are
- Manages production schedule to ensure production goals are
delivered and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Facilitates production meetings to ensure proper communication
and updates for operations, highlighting daily operating goals,
tasks, requirements and any safety or quality concerns.
- Partners with Plant Leadership and Quality Department to ensure
non-conformances are investigated, corrective actions are put in
place, and training is provided to eliminate repetitive
- Responsible for ensuring and enforcing all aspects of the
safety system, training, documentation, and compliance.
- Tracks, analyzes, forecasts, and reports on budget and
- Controls workflow to ensure the effective use of resources
(labor, tools, equipment) and maximum use of available
- Coaches, mentors and trains salary and hourly workforce.
Identifies potential in employees and ensures development.
- Establishes goals, communicates expectations, and builds a
culture of accountability, commitment, and empowerment; provides
motivation, support, and guidance.
- Ensures all employees follow industry standard health and
- Interacts with management to report status, address challenges,
and resolve project discrepancies.
- Ensures environmental compliance and social responsibility
- Responsible for maintaining a 5S environment and implementing
LEAN principles and practices.
- All other duties as assigned. What Do You Need...
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering or Business, or related field
- Minimum 6 years' experience in a leadership role in a
manufacturing or industrial environment required; 2 years' precast
industry experience preferred.
- 4 years' experience in applying LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma,
and 5S principles preferred.--
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as
well as group.
- Possess strong decision-making skills, problem resolution and
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, consistently
demonstrate initiative, and handle multiple rigorous projects and
- Strong attention to detail and be committed to producing high
- Fluent with Continuous Improvement Processes like 5S, and LEAN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to
present to all levels of the operation.
- Computer literate and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams); SAP experience, a plus
- Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented
- Must be self-motivated and require minimal supervision Core
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Communication
- Customer Focus
- Critical Thinking
- Integrity & Trust
- Problem Solving
- Project Management Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Lb Foster, Nampa , Production Manager, Executive , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!