Quality Engineer - Process Center
Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: October 7, 2019
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The Quality Engineer leads determination of
non-conformance and customer complaints through containment, root
cause, corrective action, and audits. They ensure product
compliance to customer specifications and industry standards.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Compliance: Ensure products comply with customer specifications,
industry standards, regulatory requirements and Plexus standards.
Ensure ABIs comply with specifications and standards. Approve all
changes and deviations from established guidance, including ECOs.
Lead creation and maintenance of the Master Validation Plans, when
required; ensure compliance. Support creation and execution of IQ
OQ PQ protocols to ensure compliance with the Master Validation
Plan. Serve as the Plexus lead to support external customer audits
and internal audit activities. Support recertification and
surveillance QMS audits. Lead product-related CAPA discussion and
* Quality Assurance: Ensure continuous quality compliance during
manufacturing operations. Monitor on-going manufacturing operations
to ensure quality issues are quickly addressed; provide quality
alerts and lead containment and purges, when required. Lead the
development of the inspection strategy for receiving inspection,
pre-ship inspection, and out-of-box-audits. Ensure Certificates of
Compliance are created and maintained, including documentation of
deviations. Ensure creation and maintenance of manufacturing
quality history documentation, as required.
* Customer Support: Serve as the primary customer contact for
quality-related issues, including specification inquiries and
audits. Lead response and actions associated with customer quality
concerns, including complaints, disclosures, and inquiries. Engage
the Process and/or Product Engineer and other SMEs to address
customer quality concerns. Lead creation of customer defined
quality reports. Lead CAPA development in response to customer
request. Provide feedback and documentation to the customer, as
* Manufacturing Readiness: Create and maintain all required quality
guidance for manufacturing readiness, including Quality Plans. Lead
identification and maintenance of customer and industry standard
failure modes for inclusion in the Product FMEA. Support
development, execution and maintenance of the Control Plan to
ensure compliance with customer specifications, industry standards,
and regulatory requirements and Plexus standards. Ensure customer
specifications are included in training, as required. Lead
quality-related PPQP activities.
* Continuous Improvement: Lead continuous improvement efforts to
improve outgoing yield and customer PPM to reduce Cost of Quality
in order to deliver customer excellence and achieve Plexus enduring
goals. Lead analysis of quality metric data and identify
opportunities to reduce scrap, rework and CRG. Collaborate with the
Process and/or Product Engineer to implement improvements. Lead
CAPA development for repeat or systemic issues; ensure
* Lead initial investigation and disposition decisions for
Non-Conforming Material (NCM).
* Support Receiving Inspection Team requests for clarification on
documentation or acceptability requirements.
* Lead determination of Q and R codes.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a Bachelor s degree is required; a Bachelor s degree
in Engineering is preferred.
* One (1) year of related experience is required; One (1) or more
years of related experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Ability to work well in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* Strong ability to identify and solve problems proactively using
structured problem solving tools, including making timely and
* Apply systemic data analysis and problem solving to address a
full range of technical and organizational problems with
creativity, imagination, confidence and responsibility.
* Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze,
interpret, validate, and communicate data to key stakeholders.
* Ability to seek out best practices and apply them within their
* Ability to apply knowledge, logic and reasoning using
mathematics, statistics, science, and engineering applications.
* Ability to design a system or process to meet desired needs
within realistic constraints such as economic, efficiency,
repeatability, environmental, health and safety. Includes
documentation and controls to ensure long term sustainability.
* Ability to become a Subject Matter Expert for an assigned system
* Ability to coach and mentor technicians and other support staff
within assigned areas of expertise.
* Ability to operate effectively in a cross-functional team
* Ability to effectively lead projects involving cross-functional
* Ability to learn and utilize a variety of computer programs such
as CAD, Visio, Solidworks, and other applicable Plexus
* Strong attention to detail, time management skills, and
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to effectively interact with others. Must have strong
presentation skills and the ability to represent Plexus Corporation
in a professional manner.
* Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all customer and
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Quality Engineer - Process Center, Engineering , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!