Process Engineer Sr - Die Attach
Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: September 13, 2019
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The Process Engineer provides real-time
expertise on assigned manufacturing processes. They optimize
manufacturing processes to maximize efficiency and quality. They
strive to control the variability within manufacturing
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Continuous Improvement: Conduct continuous improvement efforts at
the process level to reduce defects, improve yields, and improve
productivity in order to deliver customer excellence and achieve
Plexus enduring goals. Conduct analysis of process metric data to
assess efficiency and effectiveness. Support efforts to identify
root causes of failures and sub-standard performance, and improve
efficiency. Support development of short- and long-term action
plans to remedy root causes and improve efficiency. Support
determination and execution of process-related short- and long-term
action plans for CAPA. Lead implementation of User Group standards
across the site and support User Group projects on specific
processes as required.
* Training: Lead the training and mentoring of manufacturing,
product, and quality teams on equipment, processes, and non-BOM
material control. Identify technical training requirements for
assigned processes. Collaborate with higher-level functional
managers to ensure training is developed, maintained, and
implemented effectively and timely at assigned processes. Drive
site-level execution of technical training to ensure required
levels of proficiency.
* Manufacturing Readiness: Ensure effective employment and
integration of assigned manufacturing processes. Develop and drive
implementation of standard practices and tools. Lead new machine
set-up and process set-up to ensure effective, efficient
manufacturing operations to meet customer needs and achieve site
goals. Lead the definition of the manufacturing process equipment
calibration and preventative maintenance programs. Lead the
development, execution, and maintenance of the Process FMEA and
Control Plans. Support Product Engineering during the PPQP process
regarding defining the route, process-related ABI's, and tooling
design. Manage site technology transfer to support customer
requirements. Support customer specific capital equipment
* Manufacturing Operations: Support on-going production activities
to ensure we continue to meet customer needs and achieve Plexus
goals. Provide routine technical support and expertise to
manufacturing personnel. Answer technical questions and provide
clarification regarding assigned processes and equipment. Lead
equipment hardware and software upgrades as needed. Manage
equipment and non-BOM material vendors for issues related to
quality, support, and performance gaps. Manage process compliance
to industry standards, Plexus SOP's, and Work Instructions. Support
Product and Quality teams during process-related customer inquiries
* Technology Direction: Identify gaps in current capabilities and
support evaluation of potential solutions to fill needs. Lead
development and maintenance of the Site Process Capability Matrix
relative to site technology roadmap. Lead equipment and process
development initiatives to close Plexus site technology gaps.
Identify capability shortfalls for inclusion on the technology
roadmap; incorporate voice of the customer into the technology
roadmap. Support global evaluation of equipment and materials.
Manage equipment obsolescence and end of service support. Support
capital forecasting for equipment and material upgrade or
* Lead all equipment and software-related
Acceptance/Validation/Qualification actions, as required. Support
Product Engineer during Performance Qualifications (PQ).
* Lead the Site User Group.
* Lead evaluation, process development, and acceptance of
customer-specific process equipment. Drive migration to
Plexus-standard equipment, materiel and processes.
* Lead the inventory of Plexus and customer owned equipment and
* Lead identification and qualification of external service
suppliers (coating, tinning, rework, etc.).
* Other duties as assigned by management.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a Bachelor s degree is required.
* Eight (8) years of Die Attach experience is required; Three (3)
or more years of Datacon is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Ability to work well in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* Ability to set up the Die attach processes and make continuous
* Ability to program and develop processes on Datacon, ability to
troubleshoot Datacon issues.
* Strong ability to identify and solve problems proactively using
structured problem solving tools, including making timely and
* Apply systemic data analysis and problem solving to address a
full range of technical and organizational problems with
creativity, imagination, confidence and responsibility.
* Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze,
interpret, validate, and communicate data to key stakeholders.
* Ability to seek out best practices and apply them within their
* Ability to apply knowledge, logic and reasoning using
mathematics, statistics, science, and engineering applications.
* Ability to design a system or process to meet desired needs
within realistic constraints such as economic, efficiency,
repeatability, environmental, health and safety. Includes
documentation and controls to ensure long term sustainability.
* Ability to become a Subject Matter Expert for an assigned system
* Ability to coach and mentor technicians and other support staff
within assigned areas of expertise.
* Ability to operate effectively in a cross-functional team
* Ability to effectively lead projects involving cross-functional
* Ability to learn and utilize a variety of computer programs such
as CAD, Visio, Solidworks, and other applicable Plexus
* Strong attention to detail, time management skills, and
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to effectively interact with others. Must have strong
presentation skills and the ability to represent Plexus Corporation
in a professional manner.
* Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all customer and
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Process Engineer Sr - Die Attach, Engineering , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!