Company: GoGo squeeZ
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Reports to: Quality Manager
Dotted Line to: No Yes:
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Key Internal Partners: QA Hold/Release Specialist, QA Specialist,
Supply Chain, HACCP team, sister plant counterparts, Corporate QA
Key External Partners: Supplier QA departments
Project Management: Yes
Location: Nampa, ID
The Quality Engineer is responsible to ensure that the facility
meets all GMP, HACCP, regulatory, sanitation and food safety
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Assist the QA Manager in leading all Food Quality, Food Safety,
and Food Defense programs:
- Defining, implementing, and sustaining HACCP/Food Safety Plan.
It is expected that this position is the HACCP Team
- Defining, implementing, and sustaining Food Quality
- Defining, implementing, and sustaining the Food Defense
- Provide leadership in meeting all 3rd party audit (customer
specific audits, SQF, Non-GMO, Organic, and Kosher)
- Develop, implement and sustain quality systems to meet SQF
guidelines. It is expected that this position is the SQF
- Conduct regular internal audits to ensure compliance with all
regulatory, customer, and GMP requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement in programs and employees through
data collection and trending, training/coaching, teamwork, and the
use of problem-solving skills:
- Apply quality engineering principles to collect, analyze and
interpret data to make quality evaluations through the application
of continuous improvement methods.
- Drive the investigation of customer complaints, conduct root
cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Develop and deliver training to build quality
- Drive and/or assist cross-functional teams in Root Cause
Analysis (RCA) activities for the implementation of Corrective and
- Assist with other departments such as Research and Development,
engineering, production for development of new products and ensure
that transfer to production is in accordance with approved
- Assist in auditing supplier performance and site audits of
- Assist with the receiving inspection process and procedures and
guarantee adherence to those procedures.
- Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective
actions and preventative actions.
- Direct the non-conforming material (NCMR) process with complete
understanding of the specification requirements for all Raw and
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
- Quality KPIs, including but not limited to:
- Environmental testing (SAS, CAMTU, Environmental Pathogen
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related field is
- 3 years in a Quality and/or Production supervisory role in food
- SQF Training, experience in SQF quality system or other GFSI
standard is required.
- HACCP Training is required.
- FSMA, Organic (NOP), and Kosher certification experience
- SQF Practitioner certification required (or ability to obtain
within 6 months of hire).
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Analytical problem solver
- Works well on cross-functional teams and facilitates open
- Able to create and comfortably deliver training in small and
large group settings
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English verbally and in
writing (including email)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis and
occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work 8-12 hours per day and stand or sit for
extended periods of time.
- Bending, twisting, and stooping
- Some travel for training and auditing purposes may be required
(up to 15%)
Keywords: GoGo squeeZ, Nampa , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!