Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: July 11, 2019
PURPOSE STATEMENT: As a Test Engineer you will be working to
develop and deploy innovative Functional Test solutions to help
ensure that the complex electronics products we build are
functioning properly prior to shipment to our customers. Activities
include configuring test systems, developing code to automate
tests, writing user instructions, and driving continuous
improvement of test system yield and efficiency. During this time
you will interact within a fast paced manufacturing environment
with other personnel on the team including the team leader, test
engineers, technicians, production associates, and our
* Support the development (or installation) and sustains (ECO
support) test and inspection programs for one or multiple
manufacturing test platforms
* Transition of customer provided test systems
* Support the development of Specific Function Training, Assembly
Build Instructions, or other training to support to operation of
the equipment for the Operators or Manufacturing Test
* Supports manufacturing Operators and manufacturing Technicians on
troubleshooting and debugging test equipment, test software and
product supporting root cause failure analysis
* Support continuous improvement through data monitoring of yields
or cost down opportunities
* Work with planners and manufacturing Supervisors/Leads to support
established production schedule priorities
* Lead software development to automate test solutions
* Lead test/program acceptance including verification, validation,
* Support calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment
* Recognize problems from test procedures and/or test results and
make appropriate recommendations
* Able to work from specifications, technical manuals, schematics,
and verbal or written instructions.
* Able to compile and record test results.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer
Science is desired; a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering,
Electronics Engineering Technologies or Computer Engineering is
preferred. May also consider degree equivalent industry experience,
minimum of 4 years.
* Three (3) years of related experience is desired; Five (5) or
more years of related experience is preferred.
* Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools, a
* Experience with test software development (LabView, Lab Windows,
C#, C++,Visual Studio) and interfacing with test instrumentation
and/or other equipment
* Experience and background in RF technologies a plus (2.4Ghz and
greater over the air communications)
* Experience with programming user interfaces
* Use of statistical analysis tools and methods for problem solving
* Ability to write ABI's, work instructions, documentation
* Experience with digital electronics testing and
* Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbal and
* Maintain strong working relationships with customers, FF
personnel, program management, and process support personnel.
* Assertive and self-motivated with the ability to work
independently and in a team environment.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Test Engineer, Engineering , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!