Posted on: April 6, 2019
Purpose Statement:The Product Engineer leads customer technical
communications, product initiation, product-level continuous
improvement and sustainment. They demonstrate technical expertise
to our customers.Key Job Accountabilities:
- Continuous improvement: Conduct continuous improvement efforts
at the product level to reduce defects, improve yields, and improve
productivity in order to deliver customer excellence and achieve
Plexus enduring goals. Conduct analysis of product metric data to
assess efficiency and effectiveness. Support efforts to identify
root causes of failures and sub-standard performance, and improve
efficiency. Support development of short- and long-term action
plans to remedy root causes and improve efficiency. Lead actions
required and execution of short- and long-term action plans for
CAPA. Coordinate Failure Analysis, as required.
- Technical Customer Support: Serve as the technical expert on
Plexus site manufacturing as it relates to the customer s product.
Lead response and actions to address customer technical inquiries
and concerns. Lead design for manufacturability discussions with
the customer to improve manufacturability, profitability, quality,
throughput, and resolve documentation errors. Assist the customer
in resolving problems as they pertain to Plexus Manufacturing.
Coordinate SME support, as required.
- Manufacturing Readiness: Lead capture of customer requirements
and translate requirements into a manufacturing solution. Lead the
determination of BOM structure, BOM levels, and build-through
strategies as needed. Lead manufacturing readiness using the PPQP
process. Lead the creation of the Product FMEA. Lead the
development, execution and maintenance of the Product Control Plan.
Define route, product ABI's, and a tooling strategy.
- Sustain production: Support on-going production activities to
ensure we continue to meet customer needs and achieve Plexus goals.
Lead review and approval of changes associated with ECO's and
deviations; support ECO Cost Impact analysis. Lead required changes
to operator-facing communications (assembly build instructions,
deviations, rework instructions, etc.) Support review and execution
of changes to customer specifications, industry standards, and
Plexus standards. Lead review of customer returns to establish the
routing for necessary for rework, repair, upgrade, etc. Provide
labor estimates for non-warranty returns. Lead labor reviews when
requested by the costing team or finance.
- Operations support: Provide routine technical support and
expertise to manufacturing personnel. Answer technical questions
and provide clarification regarding product specifications. Lead
real-time analysis and resolution of customer/product related
problems; develop a recovery plan to resume production as quickly
as possible. Lead rework versus scrap decisions, as needed by
operations; lead scrap disposition determination.Additional
- Lead validation efforts for product as required. Support
process and documentation changes.
- Lead non-BOM materials procurement plan. Establish
minimum/maximum levels for MRO items. Ensure MSDS and required
supporting information is provided to Environmental Health and
- Lead custom packaging design and implementation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the
business (estimated 10%).
- Additional duties as assigned.Education/Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor s degree is required; a Bachelor s
degree in Engineering is preferred.
- One (1) year of related experience is required; One (1) or more
years of related experience is preferred.An equivalent combination
of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the
key job accountabilities may be considered.Other Qualifications:
- Ability to work well in fast-paced manufacturing
- Strong ability to identify and solve problems proactively using
structured problem solving tools, including making timely and
- Apply systemic data analysis and problem solving to address a
full range of technical and organizational problems with
creativity, imagination, confidence and responsibility.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to
analyze, interpret, validate, and communicate data to key
- Ability to seek out best practices and apply them within their
- Ability to apply knowledge, logic and reasoning using
mathematics, statistics, science, and engineering
- Ability to design a system or process to meet desired needs
within realistic constraints such as economic, efficiency,
repeatability, environmental, health and safety. Includes
documentation and controls to ensure long term sustainability.
- Ability to become a Subject Matter Expert for an assigned
system or process.
- Ability to coach and mentor technicians and other support staff
within assigned areas of expertise.
- Ability to operate effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to effectively lead projects involving cross-functional
- Ability to learn and utilize a variety of computer programs
such as CAD, Visio, Solidworks, and other applicable Plexus
- Strong attention to detail, time management skills, and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to effectively interact with others. Must have strong
presentation skills and the ability to represent Plexus Corp. in a
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all customer and
- General office equipment and materials.Work Environment:
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
noise level.This document does not represent a contract of
employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment
the incumbent could be asked to perform.All offers of employment
are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon
completion of a confidentiality agreement.Our Values and How We
Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment
decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and
encourage all to apply today!Globally, our policy is to recruit
people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does
not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and
other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require
access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export
Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions
may need to be U. S. persons. U. S. persons are generally defined
as U. S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green
card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted
Keywords: PlexusCorp, Nampa , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!