Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: January 7, 2019
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Responsible for providing technical direction on test and inspection equipment and supporting test processes. Test Engineers are a key resource for the Focus Factory (FF) team and are chartered with the implementation and validation of the test equipment at the site.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Lead Assembly Build Instruction development and training.
* Adhere to global SOPs and work instructions.
* Lead New Customer/Product Introductions.
* Support test quote request based on RFQ process.
* Lead Test ECO Implementation.
* Ensure that effective training methods are identified and available to all FF's.
* Support FFs in rationalizing equipment and configuration requirements to meet manufacturing and customer needs.
* Support test acceptance and yield improvement processes.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 10%).
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; a Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering Technologies or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
* Three (3) years of related experience is required; Five (5) or more years of related experience is preferred.
* Multi-site or multi-customer experience highly preferred.
* Working knowledge of 21 CFR Part 820, a plus.
* Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools, a plus.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
* Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbal and written.
* Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and negotiation.
* Maintain strong working relationships with FF personnel, program management, Product Services Engineering group, and process support personnel.
* Assertive and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S. persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Test Engineer, Engineering , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!