Global Commodities Manager - Advanced Sourcing
Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Your journey to building a better world begins here!
WHO WE ARE
Every idea starts with a purpose. From healthcare/life sciences to
industrial/commercial to communications to aerospace/defense we
create the products that build a better world.
We re a global team of over 19,000 engineering, manufacturing,
supply chain and service experts that partner with our customers to
bring their products to life.
Whether you re looking to start, make a change, or advance your
career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world
WHY YOU LL LOVE IT
Within the Plexus commodity ecosystem, there are many unassigned
commodities, non-standard components, and emerging/disruptive
technologies which require ownership. The Global Commodities
Manager Advanced Sourcing will own this space and establish a link
between Plexus Engineering Solutions, Supply Chain Solutions and
Global Sourcing. You will need to quickly develop solutions in
these areas as it is particularly important to the success of our
Engineering product development teams. It is also critical to the
success of newly won production programs that require supplier
localization in unassigned/new commodities. In this role you will
deliver customer service excellence and profitability for Plexus
through advanced sourcing strategies and commodity solutions.
HOW YOU LL DO IT
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* COMMODITY GAPS MANAGEMENT: Create tight connection to Engineering
Solutions to ensure new commodity gaps are addressed in a manner
that supports the product development project timeline. Also work
with supply chain solutions team to anticipate unassigned/new
commodity needs for targeted production wins to enable proactive
gap closure. Specific activities that the Advanced Sourcing GCM
will own include:
* Identifies commodity gaps
* Maintains a database of the gaps
* Evaluates potential suppliers, leveraging other Plexus functions
as needed (legal, quality, product development engineering, global
electronics and regional custom engineered component sourcing)
* Oversees appraisal and contracting requirements
* Manages down-selection of suppliers and owns final supplier
* Owns supplier relationship through completion of first article
* Passes supplier ownership to identified long term commodity
* SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES Develops sound sourcing and
supplier development strategies for commodity gaps and emerging
technologies to ensure lowest total cost of ownership and to
* COMPETITIVE EDGE: Develops executive level relationships with
suppliers, research institutions and academia through networking,
travel and participation in events to properly position Plexus for
a competitive edge.
* SME for Emerging Technology provide subject matter expertise on
new &/or emerging technologies to internal Plexus teams,
including Business Development, Sector leaders, Engineering
Solutions, Sourcing, Supplier Quality and Costing
* Is the Escalation point of contact for shortages to prevent
revenue shortfall and customer dissatisfaction in assigned
* Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the
business (estimated 30%)
WHAT WE VALUE
* A minimum of a(n) Bachelor s degree in Engineering or equivalent
experience is required for this position
* 5 years of related experience is required for this position
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence without direct
* Demonstrated project management expertise
* Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate at all levels
within an organization
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills are
* Intermediate computer skills are required.
* Able to make sound, logical and reasonable decisions with minimal
* The work setting should consist of an office environment with
suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Nampa , Global Commodities Manager - Advanced Sourcing, Accounting, Auditing , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!