Financial Support Specialist
Company: Terry Reilly Health Services
Posted on: January 12, 2022
At Terry Reilly we believe we are successful when we have a
healthy, thriving community. This is accomplished as a result of
our mission-driven and talented team. We provide integrated care
throughout the Treasure Valley with our medical, dental and
behavioral health services - allowing our employees the unique
ability to experience several disciplines of health care. It is
important to us that our staff is given a healthy work-life
balance, so we support and value your time in and out of the
office. We also provide our employees with excellent benefits
including options for free healthcare.
Provide coordination of services to assist patients with high-level
financial support to maximize revenue and increase and improve
patient communication. Supports patient service by responding to
patient inquiries and resolving issues related to their
- Check eligibility for insured patients prior to visit.
Communicate any updates or changes between patient and front office
staff to ensure all parties are aware of what to expect at time of
- Verify benefits for all insured OB patients. Assist and direct
self-pay patients on Medicaid enrollment if applicable.
- Engage with patients to ensure they understand financial
responsibility for high-level services such as OB care,
Colonoscopies, Endoscopies, Dental surgeries not covered by
insurance. Track monitor and manage payments and payment
- Coordinate with Patient Navigators to assist patients in
applying for outside benefits, grants or other funds to enable
access to quality care.
- Manage a quality assurance-auditing plan for patients whom have
self-declared their income for our sliding fee program. Report
results and/or issues to management staff on a quarterly
- Mange participation and verification of income for patients
elected to receive additional funding from grants or programs such
as; Patient Assistance Fund, CHCNI, CDV, CHOIS.
- Coordinate with patients when it is necessary for them to
update their insurance in regards to primary, secondary coverage;
PCP identification, or benefit eligibility limitations.
- Regularly run reports to identify coverage for patients insured
by third party insurance not otherwise identified or disclosed in
our EHR. Works and maintains retro eligibility process for new
Medicaid eligible patients.
- Reconciles insurance rosters for quality and risk maintenance,
including Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial value based contracted
- Send statements monthly
- Processes refunds on overpaid patient balances monthly
- Receive and post patient payments received via the mail, phone,
- Updates patient information in practice management system as
appropriate to ensure accurate generation of claims and
- Manages returned mail, including but not limited to;
researching for better addresses, suspending statements, handling
balances on accounts, and research with statement and collections
- Is first on answering phones for the department, handles calls
and portal messages within scope of knowledge and transfers all
other calls or messages to appropriate person.
- Knowledge of basic billing practices, insurance plans, and
- Ability to read and follow oral and written
- Must be able to use hands repetitively with good
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and
- Highly ethical and non-judgmental.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to multi-task.
- One to three years of medical office or medical billing
- Knowledge of diagnosis and procedure (ICD-CPT) coding systems.
Such knowledge is typically obtained from working in a medical
office setting or through other educational background or
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Terry Reilly Health Services, Nampa , Financial Support Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Nampa, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!